Hands up if you’ve ever let a negative comment from somebody ruin your day?
Or your week? Maybe you’ve been trolled on social media, or made decisions in your life based on not wanting to upset someone, or for being fearful of how they may judge you.
Here’s 30 reasons to stop thinking this way. Next time you’re fearful of what other people think of you, read this. You’ll find a reason that applies!
1. You’ll never change their mind
2. You’ll never please absolutely everybody
3. You’ll never be everyone’s ‘cup of tea’
4. Think about it. It doesn’t really affect you
5. It doesn’t affect what you can achieve
6. It doesn’t earn you any more money
7. It doesn’t make you any happier
8. It doesn’t make you look or feel any younger
9. It doesn’t make you any wiser
10. You’ll always find somebody who doesn’t agree with you
11. It wastes valuable energy that could be used elsewhere
12. It makes you feel deflated and drained
13. It puts you in a negative state of mind
14. If they’re your friend, or family, they should support you no matter what. If not, their opinion is irrelevant
15. That person isn’t you, and doesn’t see life through the same lens that you do
16. That person probably isn’t happy themselves
17. That person is projecting their insecurity, self doubt and disbelief onto you
18. That person doesn’t understand or want to understand what you do, or the situation you’re in
19. That person may be missing something in their life that you’ve got
20. That person is probably jealous of you
21. Everybody has an opinion, even if you don’t agree
22. Will you care about this person’s opinion in 5 years time? If the answer is no, don’t spend any longer than 5 minutes feeling upset about it
23. This person probably isn’t interested in what’s best for you
24. People who are nasty to others are not happy people, so pity their state of mind rather than letting them affect yours
25. You’ll sleep better at night
26. You’ll feel lighter, and more positive as each day goes on
27. You don’t have to carry the weight of other peoples opinions on your shoulders, so don’t!
28. Nothing bad will happen to you if you stop caring about these opinions
29. You deserve to be happy, and healthy, mentally and physically. Focusing on negativity does not help
30. You are you… and that won’t change. So, you should embrace that be unapologetically you! People love you!
If you know somebody who needs to read this today, share this post with them!